Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunny Sunday Continued!

"Wear the type of clothes that let you be who you really are" - Alber Elbaz, from Lanvin.


This quote was Alber's style tip #1 featured in the March edition of 'In Style' magazine and I love it. I think so many times women (and men, I suppose) get swept up in the latest fashion trends and don't dress for who they really are, or for what is best for their body type. I don't know about you, but I'm really sick of seeing young girls and their muffin top. Don't they look in the mirror? Don't their parents or friends tell them that those pants are too tight? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be judgemental..I just think that this "trend" of muffin top and butt crack needs to end!!!

I myself am not free from the dreaded muffin. Since having the baby (one year ago this past Tuesday), I have a new "friend" that I'm having a hard time getting rid of. Some of my pre-prego jeans are just still a wee bit tight and give me the lovely ring around the waistband. I am tired of it and want it to go for the last time....SOO... for the umpteenth time, I've joined Weight Watchers (my husband calls it Wobblies). I got up and went to the meeting yesterday morning and had the weigh in. I will do it this time. I have to. I'm sick of being 20# fatter than I should be. I want to wear cute jeans and tighter shirts again. On goes my diet crusade.

Day 1 has been completed and so far, so good. Tonight is my birthday dinner (it was the 2nd, but the family has had a lot going on, so we're just getting around to it now), so I know I'll be using my flex points (extra calories the program gives you per week) all up tonight. Leg of lamb, wine, layered brownie/whipped cream/toffee dessert....mmmmm... looking forward to it! Oh, what?? Sorry I got swept away in the land of food there for a minute! What was I talking about?? Oh yeah, the DIET! Well, I can only dream that all of the Anthro clothes in my Shopping Cart and Wish List will look Oh So Good on me when I've dropped the weight!! Oh yeah, and I'm getting braces in a few weeks, so I'm hoping that will curb my eating as well!

Anyway, on another note, today is a gloriously sunny day in AZ. I think the high will be around 75 degrees today. Since I haven't taken any good pics of me in my Anthro clothes, my first post today is what I wore to church. I'm now much more lazy in my AG jeans and Soldierly Sparkle shirt shown below.





Happy Sunday!

















No comments:

Post a Comment