Friday, June 3, 2011

My Plate is Full and My Cup Runeth Over




Hello Ladies (and Gents? husband). I hope all is well with you! I took a little hiatus from blogging to take care of things going on here in good ol' Arizona. However, I was not completely absent from the blogging world as I did stalk read through your blogs almost daily. I even tried to comment on a few, but had the stupid issue with adding comments, that luckily Jenni posted the fix on. Thanks Jenni!

Anywho... as my first *day* back, I'm not going to have any inspired OOTD's for you or a list of my latest Anthro purchases. I'm just going to update you on my exhilarating, never dull, rather normal life that has had some exciting events happen in it.

Hmmm...where to start! I guess I'll start in April, since that's where I left off! (don't worry, I won't make this a novel...I lied, it's a novel. Sorry!).

1) Easter weekend we went to the Railroad Revival Tour in Tempe, AZ to see Mumford and Sons, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and Old Crow Medicine Show. Although I had only really listed to M&S, I'm now a fan of all bands. Old Crow and Edward Sharpe are a little 'folkier' than I'm used to, but I have to admit, my toe was a tappin! I left there on a high that was induced by all of the marijuana smoke around us fabulous music and a great time with friends!

2) We sold our house. In this market. For the price we were asking!! Woop Woop! We thought we had until the end of May to find a rental and get out...BUT, on Tuesday May 10th, we were told we were closing on Friday, the 13th and that the owner wanted to take possesion right away. WHAT? SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE (that's us on the phone, desperately searching for a rental home that would accept our dog, cat and 6 month lease requirements that wasn't a big $hit hole, cockroach infested dump). DING (that's us finding a two story home of a Dr (he's in Chicago) in a gated community, across the street from my oldest childhood friend, and within budget!). Yay...So Friday the 13th, we packed up and moved out! House didn't actually close until the following Weds (shoulda known it never closes on time), BUT we were thankful it was over with.

4) One week later, we headed off for a much needed 10 days in our most favoritest place on the west coast: Durango, CO. Boutiques, art galleries, fabulous restaurants, mountains, greenery, NICE PEOPLE, specialty grocery stores and a most wonderful rec center that caters to children. Sigh.....we look for land every time we go and...dream. Some day, we will live there.
Sunday we drove back in some herendous wind (the entire 10 hr drive) with 50 mph gusts. It actually almost ripped the truck door off it's hinges at a pee pee stop. It did bend the door a bit and gave us some noise and a pissed off husband all of the way home, but $100 later, door is fixed and husband is happier.

5) The build on our new home is set to start soon. We've picked out most of our fixtures, cabinetry, etc and I'm SO excited. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to some of things we've found with similar kitchens, etc. I've just started using Pinterest, so I don't have a lot on there, but will be working on it more now.

I feel TRULY blessed by GOD with my health and everything going on, esp during this time of tornadoes, wars and the shooting here in Yuma yesterday that killed 6 people. In a small community like ours, it was a huge, sad, day. I didn't know any of the victims but know people who do. It has been a rough month for our community. A few weeks ago, two Border Patrol agents were killed when they collided with a train while chasing illegals/drug smugglers. This was less than 24 hours after our President was mocking the border and those asking for better border control. I will not go into politics on this blog and I respect everyone's opinions, although I may not agree. I will just say, that being this close to the southern border (5 minutes) gives one a perspective that some may not completely understand. More needs to be done and our agents need to be supported. Nuff said....

On a much happier note, I'm super excited for next week's Anthro Event in San Diego. I'm so looking forward to meeting the ladies from In Pursuit of Pretty Things, along with other fellow bloggers. I'm sure there will be a ton of pics and blogs about it.

I hope you all have a wondeful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you've been one busy lady! Huge congrats on selling your house...that must have been a total whirlwind! And YAY for finding the perfect rental right when you needed it. Funny how things always seem to work out. And what did you end up wearing to the concert? I've been dying to ask you that! I'm so sorry for all the chaos and craziness that's going on in your community...it's just so scary! I guess I didn't realize you were that close to the border.
    Well, welcome back...can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you were able to sell your house and find a nice rental and that you had a nice time in Colorado. So sorry to hear about the loss of life in your community. =( Super happy to be having you in San Diego next weekend! Yay!

    ReplyDelete