Friday, April 1, 2011

Pinch Punch, 1st of the Month!

You've just been pinched and punched~it's the 1st of the month! This is a monthly tradition the hubs has with his family which has now become a tradition in ours. I'm usually the one being pinched/punched, so I get to say/do "Pinch and kick for being so quick". No April Fool's today..just Happy April!

So, I know, it's been quite a while since my last blog. Since I don't have many followers, I honestly don't feel too bad. However, I do apologize to the 9 of you for my little hiatus from blogosphere. Anyway, a lot has been going on in my little Peacock world. All good things too..

1) My hubs completed his first Half Ironman last Saturday. Yep, that's a swim, followed by a 56 mile bike ride and a 13.1 mile run. We were in Vegas last weekend for a very cold and windy race day. I'm so very proud of him, he did great! He also took me to Anthro, which was next to our hotel at Green Valley Ranch (highly recommend if you want to be off the strip) and bought me a few items! He was quite the personal shopper and helped me pick out almost everything we bought!! Cute, athletic and likes to shop = KEEPER!!

Hubs as he is coming into the finish!

2) We closed on our acreage on Tuesday! We have always dreamed of building our own dream home on acreage and to not have neighbors 20 feet away. Well, we now have 2 acres of land surrounded by lemon trees! 2 acre lots were going for 1/2 price, so we thought we'd jump on the occasion while interest rates were low. It's not a load of land, but a nice manageable size. Our house is now on the market and we've had some lookers. Fingers crossed and prayers sent upstairs for the perfect buyer to come soon! Bleh to the news for announcing that the housing market is going to take another dive...

3) We got tickets to go to Mumford and Sons Railroad Revival Tour in Chandler, AZ on April 22! Yip Yip!! Now to find a babysitter and decide what to wear... Any suggestions? It will be hot.

4) Two weeks ago, I had lost 8 lbs on Weight Watchers thus far!! Unfortunately, due to the "monthly visitor" and to last week's weekend in Vegas/hub's b-day, I'm up 3.5 lbs. That means that tomorrow's weigh-in will be a gain. However, I KNOW, I've worked hard and am satisfied with the current results. I expect next week's weigh-in to be fantastic!!! Does anyone else gain 2-3 lbs during their "visitor"? I find it highly annoying...

5) For lent, I didn't give up anything b/c I just started back on everything (addictive) last September after the pregnancy/breastfeeding bit. So, I decided to make a commitment to workout 5 times/week. So far, so good. I've been running 4 miles on the treadmill (fartleking) a few days a week and doing Insanity. Weds I was a bit frustrated with work/etc, so I ran 5 miles which I haven't done in ages. Felt good!

6) Today we are going to brave the heat and take the kiddo to the County Fair to see the animals. It's supposed to be 100 degrees today.. Yes, people, you read that right! 100 DEGREES IN APRIL!! While some of you are still donning sweaters and tights, I'm now wanting to wear my bathingsuit outside! It's just not right. It's far too early for this kind of torture and I'm in the same boat as Jenni from Found In My Closet and her dilemma on warm weather wear. I hate myself in any shorts that are shorter than bermudas, but don't want to look like an old lady either. Also, it was windy yesterday, which means that sundresses are out for today. I would live in jeans/crops if I could, but hello?? 100 degrees? I might just brave wearing my new J Brand crops today anyway... Here are some of my options:

Going to the County Fair
Going to the County Fair by Peacockmeg featuring summer sandals

Hope everyone is doing well and happy Friday!!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! =) So first, congrats on the land! How exciting to be able to build a new house in the near future!!! Second, I LOVE Mumford and Sons...their music is so fun! I would wear wedge sandals with a skirt and bright colored top. I love that blue top you have in the Polyvore set above! GO for some color! Next, I actually gain a pound or two the week before my monthly friend shows up...by the time it arrives I'm usually about back to normal. Weird. ALso, you're doing great with your workout routine! THat's awesome! The hard work will pay off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni! I think your M&S's concert idea is great and I'll start playing with combos and looking around. I'm going to start posting my weight/measurments and WW weekly weigh-in results also so it gives me more motivation to continue doing well. Nothing like posting for all to see!

    ReplyDelete